As a hypercritical choir director, I often find myself a pessimist in rehearsals, focusing on ways my choir can improve instead of focusing on everything that is already great! With the holidays just around the corner, I decided to take the opposite approach and tell you what I am thankful for:
1. People who practice
2. Music theory lovers
3. Men that sign up for choir and aren’t embarrassed… at all
4. Sopranos who can sight-sing
5. People who help set up and take down before/after rehearsal
6. Pencil bringers
7. Non-gum chewers
8. Singers who listen to others and not themselves
9. Singers who listen to me!
10. People who read my notes and mark their scores
11. And finally… people who understand my weird sense of humor while directing
Thank you to all the singers out there helping to make the world a better place with your music. And thank you to all the women in my choir who put up with my crazy antics every rehearsal – you are heroes!
About the AuthorMore Content by Tori Cook