What's all this about a fabulous fundraiser?
We're so committed to getting your group abroad that when you travel with us, we supply you with—at no extra cost—a free trip to get them there! This amazing deal includes:
★ A 5-day trip to Paris or London for two
★ Round-trip airfare
★ Breakfast daily
★ Hotel accommodations in central city locations for 3 nights
Winners will travel either over Martin Luther King Jr. or Veterans Day weekends. Use this trip however you want: sell chances to win the trip to folks in your community, offer it as a grand prize at another fundraiser...it's up to you! There's no limit to how much you can raise, so get started early and make sure you don't leave anyone behind.
Don't forget to check out our other fundraising suggestions that help groups get abroad. (And remember, we offer scholarships, too!)
How to Qualify
To qualify for the Fabulous Fundraiser, groups traveling on an international trip must register 30 or more participants.
For all groups traveling within the US or Canada who register 30 or more participants, Encore will provide two domestic airline tickets (excluding Alaska and Hawaii) to use as a fundraiser with a maximum value of $1,000 total.
Tips for Success
- Check with your local laws to make sure "raffles" are allowed. Handle appropriate state tax forms as necessary.
- Have individuals selling the tickets. Recommended selling prices range from $10-$50 for each ticket. Some groups may wish to provide a "discount" for those who purchase multiple tickets. Example: individual tickets $10, or a bundle of six tickets for $50.
- Participants keep a percentage; group receives the rest. Determine a percentage that your participants get to keep for every ticket they sell individually. Dedicate a small amount of each ticket sold to go towards the other group costs of the trip.
- Ask for help. If you need suggestions from other Group Leaders who have successfully raised money with Encore's fundraiser, contact us for a reference.
- Announce the winner at your concert! Boost your audience attendance in the process of fundraising!