CodaBow is the trusted partner of generations of string players the world over. For every style, station, and aspiration, their master makers have pioneered an unsurpassed design. We love CodaBow’s dedication to creating quality bows and we love their dedication to getting their bows into the hands of young musicians who have aspirations of being a musician, but who may not be able to afford a quality bow.
To celebrate their 25th anniversary, CodaBow will be giving away 25 bows to young musicians in need.
Here’s how music teachers can enter a young musician/student:
- Send a letter of nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Codabow International Attn: Rachael Ryan Dahlgren, 876 East Third Street, Winona, MN 55987
- Nominations accepted through October 1, 2018
- Nominations should outline the qualifications of the student including:
- Student’s name, age, and instrument
- Need for sponsorship
- Example of student’s dedication and commitment
- Example of student’s achievement and potential
- How a CodaBow will positively impact the student’s musicianship
- Teacher’s name, email, and school or music associations
About the Author
Kate first discovered the power of intercultural communication and exchange through music on a month-long trip to China and Japan with her college wind ensemble. She's been hooked on traveling ever since and has performed with different groups in cities such Beijing, London, and Kyoto to name a few! Kate is a clarinet player and a passionate arts advocate with degrees in music, arts administration, and cultural policy. Kate is the Marketing and Communications Manager at Encore Tours.More Content by Kate Huffman