The UK is a wonderful destination for any vacation but with a rich musical culture, it is also a great place to perform! Here are 5 reasons to visit the greatest place on earth for your next choir, orchestra or band tour!
- Yorkshire! This year Yorkshire is listed by the Lonely Planet as one of the top 3 places
to visit in the world, and so it should be. Not only is it home to the happiest place in Britain – Harrogate- but it is also home to some of the most beautiful music venues in the UK. Whether you want to perform in the ruins of a 900 year old Monestary at Fountains Abbey, or in the gothic glory of Ripon Cathedral, this glorious county has much to offer. These venues are truly beautiful but the real jewel in the crown has to be the Harrogate Youth Music Festival. It is the perfect opportunity to show off your skills and experience youth music from around the globe.
- The Food! The UK has not traditionally been known as the destination of choice for the avid foodie, but over the past 10 years a quiet revolution has been brewing and traditional, delicious food has been rediscovered. Make sure you try the square sausage in Edinburgh, Fish and Chips in Whitby and a full Devonshire Cream tea… in Devon.
- The Weather… no I’m just kidding.
- The Music History! – Music history in the UK is not the same as in most other countries. Much of the greatest British music has been written over the past 100 years, this means that the music history is still very much alive and something that can be enjoyed at the many music festivals around the country. From Britten to the Beatles, Glastonbury to the Proms the UK has something to offer everyone!
- London!– One of the greatest cities in the world, steeped in history and brimming with life, no visit to the UK would be complete with about a stay in the nation’s capital. Whether you want check in on the Royals at Buckingham Palace, cast some spells at the Harry Potter Studio, or find out how democracy works at the Houses of Parliament, London is a must see and a never forget.
There are many more reasons to visit the UK. To find out more visit our website.
The post 5 Reasons to Visit the UK on Your Next Performance Tour appeared first on Backstage at Encore Tours.
About the AuthorMore Content by Sophie Amos